A huge number of videos are added to YouTube every minute. Even among the most popular videos, there are some that aren`t worth watching at all.
But if you want to get ideas for your videos or find out which videos your target audience likes more, you need to know how to analyze your competitors’ channels.
From this article, you will learn:
- How to find the most liked videos on any YouTube channel (or most viewed).
- How to search for the most commented videos.
- How to search for the most engaging videos by channels.
- How to find the most viewed videos on a channel.
- An easy way to find the most viewed YouTube videos by categories.
- How to find the most viewed videos of all time.
- How to watch trending videos on Youtube.
- How to see your most viewed videos.
Learn how to find the most viewed videos on YouTube globally or by channels, by keywords, with or without special tools.
How to search for the most liked videos by channel
You can use Popsters tool to quickly analyze any channels on YouTube. To find the videos that got the most likes you need to:
- Log in to the tool.
- Enter the address of the desired channel in the field at the top, then select the period and click ”Upload”.
- After uploading, you will see a feed with all the videos of the channel already sorted by default by the most liked videos.
In the same way, you can sort and find the videos with the most dislikes (by clicking on sorting by Dislikes or clicking again on Likes – the sorting is reversed).
Search for most viewed videos
It’s pretty simple. You need to sort the videos by most viewed by selecting sorting by views.
But it is possible to make the search and analysis more detailed and interesting:
By clicking on the T icon, the text in the video description will be analyzed (the most frequent phrases will be displayed among the columns on the left). Clicking on any phrase will allow you to carry out any type of sorting.
Using the lens button, you can filter the video by specific phrases and words.
Search for most commented videos
This search is done similarly to the method above. Only the option to sort by comments is selected.
How to search for the most engaging videos by channels
Find the most engaging videos as described in the first method. Only select ER, or ERview in the sorting menu (if you want to sort the videos with the most engagement and number of views).
Easy way to find the most viewed YouTube videos by categories
Whether you’re looking for the most viewed videos on YouTube for entertainment or a specific task, the easiest way to find them is to search by category or keyword. You need to do the following to find the most viewed videos by category:
- Decide on a topic (category or keyword) for the video. Whether it’s travel information or a recipe for your favorite food just select your keywords and enter them into the YouTube search box. Then select Search.
- You will see a list of different videos, automatically sorted by relevance. It means YouTube will sort the search results according to your viewing preferences, not by the number of times a video has been viewed.
- To change this, select the “Filter” function as shown in the picture, and the menu will open.
- From the Sort by menu select View Count.
The videos at the top of the entire list are now the most viewed videos on YouTube in the category you choose or by the request you want.
How to search for the most popular videos by channels
If you use YouTube, you probably have several favorite channels. There may be different reasons why you need to find popular videos on certain channels. Whether it’s simple interest or a search for topics to record your own videos. YouTube enables us to see the most viewed videos on any channel using filters.
To find the most viewed videos on your chosen channels, simply follow these steps.
- Open YouTube and find the channel you want to see the most viewed videos on.
- Select Videos from the channel menu. You will see a list of videos sorted by upload date.
- You can change the sort order by selecting Sort by Most Popular in the upper right corner of the screen.
The videos you now see at the top of the list are the most viewed videos on the channel.
How to find the most viewed videos of all time on YouTube
There may also be a situation where you simply want to keep track of the most viewed content on YouTube without sorting it by channel or category. How can you do this?
You can do this by watching channels that specialize in YouTube trends. If you also want to keep up with new trends in popular videos, we recommend adding these channels to your bookmarks so you can find and use them quickly.
- First of all, this page from Wikipedia can help you.
- This channels will be useful, you can find them by search query Best on YouTube (than clike – type Channel).
Also, this channel can help:
This channel brings together the latest viral videos, most viewed trailers, popular music videos, and comedy footage that people are watching right now.
You can view videos by category, selections, lists such as ‘Popular Right Now’, ‘Daily Oops!’, ‘Funniest clips today’, and more.
How to watch trending videos on Youtube
YouTube has a special section where you can find all your most viewed videos. It’s called YouTube Trends. All kinds of videos can be found here: TV series, films, trailers, reviews, clips, vlogs, and so on.
A selection of trends is updated every 10-20 minutes. A Trending Spot is neither bought nor sold. There are several criteria for getting content into this section:
- If it is interesting to a wide range of audiences.
- If it does not shock or mislead.
- If it covers, notifies about a current world event.
In addition, indicators such as the number of views, popularity growth rate, traffic, and publication date are taken into account. The top spots may be those with a low number of views as long as they have a high retention rate.
How to find your most viewed videos
If you already have your own YouTube channel, you’re probably wondering what your most viewed videos are. To see your most viewed videos on your YouTube channel do the following.
- Open your channel on YouTube.
- In your channel menu, go to Analytics> Top Videos> See More.
You should see a list of your uploaded videos on YouTube with your most viewed videos at the top of the list. You can also find other useful information in the Analytics section, such as a number of views, average view duration, and total view time in minutes.
By learning this information, you’ll have a better understanding of how to create more engaging and useful videos for your audience.
The functionality of these methods practically does not overlap. Both of them have unique useful features. And I’m sure that thanks to them you will have a complete understanding of how to find the most viewed (and any other) videos on YouTube in a few clicks.
P.S If you really liked the article, please share it with your friends on social networks. I’ll be very grateful.
Found an awesome video about top 10 most viewed Youtube videos (World Record), enjoy watching 😉