Do you want to find quickly old Facebook posts without having to scroll endlessly? Fortunately, there’s a simple way to find old posts using Facebook’s internal search tool, and additional tools which allow you to fine-tune a search for specific dates.
Read on and you’ll learn the easiest ways how to find old posts on Facebook!
In this guide, you will learn the following::
- How to use global search on Facebook;
- How to find your old posts;
- How to find old posts on someone’s page;
- How to find old posts in groups or pages;
- Advanced way to find old posts.
First you need to determine where these posts were published. It depends on the place where you have to search 😉 .
If you do not know where exactly to do that, then you need to start with a global search.
Global post search on Facebook
To get started, try using Facebook’s general search, the search bar is at the top of the main page.
- Just enter a query, word or phrase which as you remember was contained in the publication. Here you can also find people, groups, events and photos.
- select a phrase in the search bar or press Enter. So you will see everything that was found for this query.
- Click on the Publications tab below. Here you will see the public posts of pages and friends that match the query.
- It remains only to choose the desired date. In the menu on the left, there is an option Published date. That’s all)
If you want to find your old posts on Facebook, then it is even easier way to do that.
How to find your old posts on Facebook
- To get started, go to your profile page. By clicking on the top right on your name (near the photo).
- Now you need to click on the three horizontal dots, and now select the Search button.
- Now it remains only to enter the desired word or phrase and press Enter.
- In the menu on the left side, as in the method above, you can select the year for which publications will be displayed.
Another way to find your old posts
At the top of the post feed on your page, click the Filters button. Here, in addition to the year, you can select the month, as well as some other settings.
How to find someone else’s old posts (on someone’s page)
All the actions have to be done as it was described in the method above (search on your page). With one clarification, you need to go to the page you want to do a search.
Here detailed video about how to find old post on Facebook on any profile or page:
How to find old posts on Fb groups or pages
To do this, open the desired page or group. Select the button with the lens icon at the top under the cover of the page. Enter a query, press Enter. In the menu on the left side, as in the methods above, you need to select the year for which publications will be displayed.
Advanced way to find old posts
There are times when Facebook’s built-in search capabilities are not enough. Then you need to use content analytics tools.
With the Popsters Social media post analytics tool, you can do the following:
- Download and analyze posts of any pages and groups for an arbitrary period (for a period of your choice);
- Find out which posts were the most popular;
- sort entries by likes, comments, engagement indicator ER;
- Search for the best content by phrases, hashtags, in social networks in general, using filters by type and sorting;
- Compare indicators of several pages at the same time graphically (also from different social networks);
- view the numerical indicators of groups for the selected period (actual number of subscribers, average ER publications/pages per day, number of comments, etc.);
- study the textual content of words/phrases in publications with the help of summarization;
- flexible export of statistics to popular formats;
- and other opportunities for analytics of any pages on Facebook.
This article may be interesting too:
Best free ways for advanced Facebook competitor Analysis.
Here detailed video about how to find old post on any Facebook page or group (+ advanced method):
In the article I tried to show the most convenient ways how to find old posts on Facebook. I hope everyone will find the right ones for yourself. Even if the interface of the social network will be changing a lot, anyway, part of the ways will work and, it is most likely, the search logic will not change very much.
P.S If you really liked the article, please share it with your friends on social networks. I’ll be very grateful.
Useful article on a similar theme:
- Easy ways how to find videos on Facebook.
Useful video, about how to increase Facebook engagement in this year😉